Can I use Ultram if I am taking antibiotics?

Talk to your doctor before taking the prescription pain medication Ultram (tramadol) with antibiotics. Taking Ultram with certain antibiotics, such as erythromycin and linezolid, may increase the risk of seizures. It also raises the risk of serotonin syndrome, a rare but serious disorder. If you need to combine these drugs, your doctor may need to modify your medication plan, dosage or timing.

Continue Learning about Opiate Agonists

Why should I lock up my opioid medication and dispose of unused pills?
Travis M. Hendry, MDTravis M. Hendry, MD
It can seem inconvenient to lock up opioid medication (strong medications that affect the way yo...
What medication should I avoid if I have a bowel obstruction?
Do not take the painkiller Avinza (morphine) if you have paralytic ileus, a partial or complete bowe...
How often are opioids prescribed in the US?
The Society of Thoracic SurgeonsThe Society of Thoracic Surgeons
The amount of opioid prescriptions in the US peaked in 2012 at more than 255 million and a prescribi...
What should I know before taking opioids?
Before prescribing an opioid for low back pain, your doctor should order a urine test to check for o...