Can I use Ultram if I have a history of drug addiction?

If you have a history of drug addiction, talk to your doctor before taking Ultram (tramadol). This prescription medication for moderate to moderately severe pain can be habit-forming, and that risk is increased if you have abused or been addicted to substances in the past.

Continue Learning about Opiate Agonists

What should I avoid doing while on opioid medication for chronic pain?
Travis M. Hendry, MDTravis M. Hendry, MD
Take opioid pain medication (strong medications that affect the way your brain handles pain sign...
How often are opioids prescribed in the US?
The Society of Thoracic SurgeonsThe Society of Thoracic Surgeons
The amount of opioid prescriptions in the US peaked in 2012 at more than 255 million and a prescribi...
What are alternatives to opioid pain medication?
Pain medicine is a slippery slope for most. Both doctors and patients should give serious considerat...
What medications interact with opioids?
Dr. Darria Long Gillespie, MDDr. Darria Long Gillespie, MD
If you are taking a benzodiazepine, mifepristone, or sodium oxybate, you should not take opioids. ...