Can I use Ryzolt if I am taking seizure medications?

You should try to avoid taking the long-acting prescription pain medication Ryzolt (tramadol extended-release tablets) if you use a seizure medication. Certain seizure medications, such as carbamazepine, may decrease the pain-relieving effect of Ryzolt, and Ryzolt can raise your risk of seizures, so doctors recommend against combining the drugs.

Continue Learning about Opiate Agonists

How often are opioids prescribed in the US?
The Society of Thoracic SurgeonsThe Society of Thoracic Surgeons
The amount of opioid prescriptions in the US peaked in 2012 at more than 255 million and a prescribi...
Why should I lock up my opioid medication and dispose of unused pills?
Travis M. Hendry, MDTravis M. Hendry, MD
It can seem inconvenient to lock up opioid medication (strong medications that affect the way yo...
Can I use tramadol if I have a history of diabetes?
Tramadol belongs to a class of drugs called opioid analgesics, which doctors prescribe for the treat...
What should I avoid doing when taking opioid drugs for short-term pain?
While taking opioid medication (strong medications that affect the way your brain handles pain s...