Can I use Rybix ODT if I am taking digoxin?

It may be okay for you to use Rybix ODT (tramadol) if you're currently on the heart medication digoxin (Lanoxin). However, there have been rare cases of people developing certain problems while taking tramadol along with digoxin, including the accumulation of too much digoxin in the blood. If you take Rybix ODT and digoxin, your doctor will likely monitor you closely. Rybix ODT is an opioid medication prescribed to treat chronic moderate to moderately severe pain.

Continue Learning about Opiate Agonists

Who is at risk for breathing problems caused by opioid medication?
Travis M. Hendry, MDTravis M. Hendry, MD
Opioid therapy can decrease your breathing, especially during sleep. This problem, called respir...
How do opioids relieve pain?
James P. Ioli, DPMJames P. Ioli, DPM
Prescription drugs that contain opioids (opioid analgesics) such as codeine are useful for pain ...
How often are opioids prescribed in the US?
The Society of Thoracic SurgeonsThe Society of Thoracic Surgeons
The amount of opioid prescriptions in the US peaked in 2012 at more than 255 million and a prescribi...
Should opioids be prescribed for all types of pain?
Devi E. Nampiaparampil, MDDevi E. Nampiaparampil, MD
Opioids can be very helpful for acute pain management in the short term, but there are some side eff...