Can I use Rybix ODT if I am taking cimetidine?

You can probably take Rybix ODT (tramadol) if you're currently using cimetidine (Tagamet) to treat frequent heartburn (also known as gastroesophageal reflux disease, or GERD) or ulcers without any problems. Studies suggest that it's safe to combine Rybix ODT, which is prescribed to control chronic moderate to moderately severe pain, and cimetidine. To be safe, make sure your doctor knows you take cimetidine (and about any other medications you're on, including over-the-counter drugs and supplements) before you begin using Rybix ODT.

Continue Learning about Opiate Agonists

How often are opioids prescribed in the US?
The Society of Thoracic SurgeonsThe Society of Thoracic Surgeons
The amount of opioid prescriptions in the US peaked in 2012 at more than 255 million and a prescribi...
What medications interact with opioids?
If you are taking a benzodiazepine, mifepristone, or sodium oxybate, you should not take opioids. I...
How can I prevent opioid medication withdrawal symptoms?
Howard J. Shaffer, PhDHoward J. Shaffer, PhD
Medications for opioid addiction help prevent or ease withdrawal symptoms and reduce cravings. A...
What are the symptoms of opioid medication withdrawal?
UCLA HealthUCLA Health
Someone who is going through opioid withdrawal will experience a terrible feeling of pain, joint ach...