Can I use Rybix ODT if I am taking cimetidine?

You can probably take Rybix ODT (tramadol) if you're currently using cimetidine (Tagamet) to treat frequent heartburn (also known as gastroesophageal reflux disease, or GERD) or ulcers without any problems. Studies suggest that it's safe to combine Rybix ODT, which is prescribed to control chronic moderate to moderately severe pain, and cimetidine. To be safe, make sure your doctor knows you take cimetidine (and about any other medications you're on, including over-the-counter drugs and supplements) before you begin using Rybix ODT.

Continue Learning about Opiate Agonists

What are the symptoms of opioid medication withdrawal?
Travis M. Hendry, MDTravis M. Hendry, MD
If opioid medication (strong medications that affect the way your brain handles pain signals) is sto...
What medication should I avoid if I have a bowel obstruction?
Do not take the painkiller Avinza (morphine) if you have paralytic ileus, a partial or complete bowe...
How can I prevent breathing problems caused by opioid medications?
Respiratory depression caused by opioid medications can be prevented by doing the following: Tel...
How often are opioids prescribed in the US?
The Society of Thoracic SurgeonsThe Society of Thoracic Surgeons
The amount of opioid prescriptions in the US peaked in 2012 at more than 255 million and a prescribi...