Can I use Rybix ODT if I am breastfeeding?

You shouldn't use Rybix ODT (tramadol) if you're breastfeeding. Rybix ODT is a medication that doctors prescribe to treat moderate to moderately severe chronic pain. Studies have detected Rybix ODT in the breast milk of women who use this drug. Because the effects of Rybix ODT on nursing infants are unknown, it's best to avoid this medication while breastfeeding.

Continue Learning about Opiate Agonists

Can I use tramadol if I have a history of diabetes?
Tramadol belongs to a class of drugs called opioid analgesics, which doctors prescribe for the treat...
How does opioid medication treat short-term pain?
Travis M. Hendry, MDTravis M. Hendry, MD
Pain medication helps control pain so you can sleep, move, and heal. One type of prescription pa...
What should I tell my doctor before taking an opioid medication?
Dr. Travis M. Hendry, MDDr. Travis M. Hendry, MD
Before you start taking an opioid medication, talk to your doctor and pharmacist. Follow these tips:...
How will my doctor ensure I don’t become addicted to opioid medication?
UCLA HealthUCLA Health
There is no clear way to ensure that you won’t become addicted to opioids if you are taking them for...