Can I use Rybix ODT if I am taking antibiotics?

You may be able to take the pain medication Rybix ODT (tramadol) if you're on an antibiotic (used to treat bacterial infections), though in some cases, the combination isn't safe. Rybix ODT, which is prescribed to treat chronic pain that's moderate to moderately severe, can interact with certain other drugs, including some types of antibiotics. For example, taking the antibiotic erythromycin (Eryc and other brands) while using Rybix ODT could affect how your body processes the Rybix ODT and increase the risk of side effects. Linezolid (Zyvox) may increase the chance of seizures and other unwanted effects when used with Rybix ODT. Other antibiotics may not mix well with Rybix ODT. Give your doctor a complete list of all medications you use before taking Rybix ODT.

Continue Learning about Opiate Agonists

What are the risks of using opioid pain medication?
Devi E. Nampiaparampil, MDDevi E. Nampiaparampil, MD
The main effects and risks of using opioids include nausea and constipation, accidental overdose, an...
What medications interact with opioids?
If you are taking a benzodiazepine, mifepristone, or sodium oxybate, you should not take opioids. I...
How will my doctor ensure I don’t become addicted to opioid medication?
UCLA HealthUCLA Health
There is no clear way to ensure that you won’t become addicted to opioids if you are taking them for...
How do opioids relieve pain?
James P. Ioli, DPMJames P. Ioli, DPM
Prescription drugs that contain opioids (opioid analgesics) such as codeine are useful for pain ...