Can I use Opana if I have a history of seizures?

If you have a history of seizures, your doctor may not give you the pain medication Opana (oxymorphone). Seizures are a possible side effect of Opana, particularly in people who are prone to them. So be sure to let your doctor know if you have epilepsy or another convulsive disorder or have ever had a seizure. He or she may want to find another drug that's just as effective and safer to relieve your pain.

Continue Learning about Opiate Agonists

How often are opioids prescribed in the US?
The Society of Thoracic SurgeonsThe Society of Thoracic Surgeons
The amount of opioid prescriptions in the US peaked in 2012 at more than 255 million and a prescribi...
How does opioid medication treat short-term pain?
Travis M. Hendry, MDTravis M. Hendry, MD
Pain medication helps control pain so you can sleep, move, and heal. One type of prescription pa...
What opioid medications can help treat severe headaches?
Egilius L. Spierings, MDEgilius L. Spierings, MD
If you suffer severe headaches frequently, if not daily, one strategy to consider is a long-acti...
What are the symptoms of opioid medication withdrawal?
UCLA HealthUCLA Health
Someone who is going through opioid withdrawal will experience a terrible feeling of pain, joint ach...