Can I use Kadian if I am taking selegiline?

If you take the antidepressant selegiline (Eldepryl), you should not take the extended-release pain medication Kadian (morphine). Selegiline is a monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI). Combining Kadian with any MAOI may lead to serious or life-threatening side effects. In fact, you should not take Kadian within 14 days of taking selegiline.

Continue Learning about Opiate Agonists

What are the risks of using opioid pain medication?
Travis M. Hendry, MDTravis M. Hendry, MD
Used as directed, opioid pain medication can be safe and effective. However, it can also pose so...
What medications interact with opioids?
If you are taking a benzodiazepine, mifepristone, or sodium oxybate, you should not take opioids. I...
How often are opioids prescribed in the US?
The Society of Thoracic SurgeonsThe Society of Thoracic Surgeons
The amount of opioid prescriptions in the US peaked in 2012 at more than 255 million and a prescribi...
What are the symptoms of opioid medication withdrawal?
If opioid medication (strong medications that affect the way your brain handles pain signals) is sto...