Can I use Kadian if I am taking isocarboxazid?

If you take the antidepressant isocarboxazid (Marplan), you should not take the extended-release pain medication Kadian (morphine). Isocarboxazid is a monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI). Combining Kadian with any MAOI may lead to serious or life-threatening side effects. In fact, you should not take Kadian within 14 days of taking isocarboxazid.

Continue Learning about Opiate Agonists

How often are opioids prescribed in the US?
The Society of Thoracic SurgeonsThe Society of Thoracic Surgeons
The amount of opioid prescriptions in the US peaked in 2012 at more than 255 million and a prescribi...
What should I avoid doing while on opioid medication for chronic pain?
Travis M. Hendry, MDTravis M. Hendry, MD
Take opioid pain medication (strong medications that affect the way your brain handles pain sign...
What are side effects of opioid medication?
Side effects may include sleepiness, dizziness, problems with thinking or coordination, nausea, vomi...
Why should I lock up my opioid medication and dispose of unused pills?
It can seem inconvenient to lock up opioid medication (strong medications that affect the way yo...