Can I use Kadian if I am taking butorphanol?

If you take butorphanol, talk to your doctor before taking the extended-release pain medication Kadian (morphine). Butorphanol, a different sort of pain reliever, may decrease the effectiveness of Kadian. That can leave your pain uncontrolled and possibly lead to withdrawal symptoms.

Continue Learning about Opiate Agonists

Why should I lock up my opioid medication and dispose of unused pills?
Travis M. Hendry, MDTravis M. Hendry, MD
It can seem inconvenient to lock up opioid medication (strong medications that affect the way yo...
What are the symptoms of opioid medication withdrawal?
UCLA HealthUCLA Health
Someone who is going through opioid withdrawal will experience a terrible feeling of pain, joint ach...
What are the side effects of opioid medication for short-term pain?
Opioid medication (strong medications that affect the way your brain handles pain signals) for s...
What are alternatives to opioid pain medication?
Pain medicine is a slippery slope for most. Both doctors and patients should give serious considerat...