Can I use Kadian if I take antihistamines?

If you take antihistamines, talk to your doctor before taking the extended-release pain medication Kadian (morphine). Some antihistamines contain compounds called phenothiazines, which may increase the risk of severe side effects such as slowed breathing when taken with Kadian. Your doctor may need to modify your medication plan, dosage or timing.

Continue Learning about Opiate Agonists

How do opioids relieve pain?
James P. Ioli, DPMJames P. Ioli, DPM
Prescription drugs that contain opioids (opioid analgesics) such as codeine are useful for pain ...
How will my doctor ensure I don’t become addicted to opioid medication?
UCLA HealthUCLA Health
There is no clear way to ensure that you won’t become addicted to opioids if you are taking them for...
How often are opioids prescribed in the US?
The Society of Thoracic SurgeonsThe Society of Thoracic Surgeons
The amount of opioid prescriptions in the US peaked in 2012 at more than 255 million and a prescribi...
What opioid medications can help treat severe headaches?
Egilius L. Spierings, MDEgilius L. Spierings, MD
If you suffer severe headaches frequently, if not daily, one strategy to consider is a long-acti...