Can I use Kadian if I take an anticoagulant?

If you're on an anticoagulant (blood thinner), talk to your doctor before taking the extended-release pain medication Kadian (morphine). Because of the potential for interaction, your doctor may want to closely monitor your treatment.

Continue Learning about Opiate Agonists

What medications interact with opioids?
If you are taking a benzodiazepine, mifepristone, or sodium oxybate, you should not take opioids. I...
What are alternatives to opioid pain medication?
Pain medicine is a slippery slope for most. Both doctors and patients should give serious considerat...
How often are opioids prescribed in the US?
The Society of Thoracic SurgeonsThe Society of Thoracic Surgeons
The amount of opioid prescriptions in the US peaked in 2012 at more than 255 million and a prescribi...
How should I get rid of unused opioid medication?
Travis M. Hendry, MDTravis M. Hendry, MD
Get rid of unused opioid medication (strong medications that affect the way your brain handles pain ...