Can I use Kadian if I have lung disease?

If you have a history of lung disease, such as chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) or other breathing problems, you should be extremely cautious about taking the extended-release pain medication Kadian (morphine) and avoid it if possible. Slowed and shallow breathing is the biggest danger from Kadian and similar drugs, and lung disorders greatly increase that risk.

Continue Learning about Opiate Agonists

Can I use fentanyl if I have a history of asthma?
You may be able to use Actiq (fentanyl) if you have a history of asthma, but you should tell your do...
What are opioid medications?
Intermountain HealthcareIntermountain Healthcare
Opioid pain medication is a common type of prescription pain medication. It is also sometimes call...
How do you treat constipation and other side effects of taking opioids?
Devi E. Nampiaparampil, MDDevi E. Nampiaparampil, MD
Your doctor may prescribe a stool softener along with an opioid to prevent constipation. Other commo...
How will my doctor ensure I don’t become addicted to opioid medication?
UCLA HealthUCLA Health
There is no clear way to ensure that you won’t become addicted to opioids if you are taking them for...