Can I use Kadian if I have a history of alcoholism?

If you have a history of alcoholism, you should discuss it with your doctor before taking the extended-release pain medication Kadian (morphine). Kadian can be habit-forming, and the risk of this is increased in people who have had problems with substance abuse in the past. It is also important to realize that drinking alcohol while using Kadian can dangerously slow your breathing and cause other serious side effects.

Continue Learning about Opiate Agonists

How can I prevent opioid medication withdrawal symptoms?
Travis M. Hendry, MDTravis M. Hendry, MD
To avoid opioid medication (strong medications that affect the way your brain handles pain signa...
Do prescription opioids cause more deaths than cocaine and heroin?
Howard J. Shaffer, PhDHoward J. Shaffer, PhD
Today, people face stiff penalties for possessing cocaine or heroin, yet data suggest that opioi...
How should I get rid of unused opioid medication?
Get rid of unused opioid medication (strong medications that affect the way your brain handles pain ...
What are the symptoms of opioid medication withdrawal?
If opioid medication (strong medications that affect the way your brain handles pain signals) is sto...