Can I use Fentora if I take nalbuphine (Nubain)?

You shouldn't use Fentora (fentanyl), a prescription pill for treating breakthrough cancer pain, if you take nalbuphine (Nubain), a drug in the opioid family. Nalbuphine may significantly reduce Fentora's effectiveness in relieving your pain or may stop it from working altogether. Talk to your doctor about how to safely stop taking nalbuphine before you start taking Fentora.

Continue Learning about Opiate Agonists

How often are opioids prescribed in the US?
The Society of Thoracic SurgeonsThe Society of Thoracic Surgeons
The amount of opioid prescriptions in the US peaked in 2012 at more than 255 million and a prescribi...
What are side effects of opioid medication?
Dr. Howard J. Shaffer, PhDDr. Howard J. Shaffer, PhD
In addition to their powerful painkilling effects, opioids can produce a feeling of well-being and e...
What are the side effects of opioid medication for short-term pain?
Travis M. Hendry, MDTravis M. Hendry, MD
Opioid medication (strong medications that affect the way your brain handles pain signals) for s...
Can I use tramadol if I have a history of diabetes?
Tramadol belongs to a class of drugs called opioid analgesics, which doctors prescribe for the treat...