Can I use ConZip if I am taking digoxin?

If you're taking the heart medication digoxin and your doctor wants to prescribe ConZip (tramadol) for you, he or she will likely monitor you closely. In rare cases, the combination of digoxin and ConZip, which is prescribed for adults who need around-the-clock relief from moderate to moderately severe pain, has led to toxic levels of digoxin. Before you begin taking ConZip, be sure to let your doctor know if you're already on digoxin.

Continue Learning about Opiate Agonists

How do opioids relieve pain?
James P. Ioli, DPMJames P. Ioli, DPM
Prescription drugs that contain opioids (opioid analgesics) such as codeine are useful for pain ...
What are side effects of opioid medication?
Dr. Darria Long Gillespie, MDDr. Darria Long Gillespie, MD
Side effects may include sleepiness, dizziness, problems with thinking or coordination, nausea, vomi...
Can I use tramadol if I have a history of diabetes?
Tramadol belongs to a class of drugs called opioid analgesics, which doctors prescribe for the treat...
How does opioid medication treat short-term pain?
Travis M. Hendry, MDTravis M. Hendry, MD
Pain medication helps control pain so you can sleep, move, and heal. One type of prescription pa...