Can I use ConZip if I am taking medications for seizures?

You should not take ConZip (tramadol) at the same time you're on the antiseizure medication carbamazepine (Carbatrol, Epitol, Equetro, Tegretol). ConZip is prescribed for adults to provide around-the-clock relief from moderate to moderately severe pain; carbamazepine affects the way the body breaks down ConZip in a way that makes it less effective. Before you take ConZip, let your doctor know if you're using carbamazepine. Also, be aware that ConZip often is not recommended for people with epilepsy or who are otherwise vulnerable to seizures, because the medication adds to that risk.

Continue Learning about Opiate Agonists

What medication should I avoid if I have a bowel obstruction?
Do not take the painkiller Avinza (morphine) if you have paralytic ileus, a partial or complete bowe...
How do you treat constipation and other side effects of taking opioids?
Devi E. Nampiaparampil, MDDevi E. Nampiaparampil, MD
Your doctor may prescribe a stool softener along with an opioid to prevent constipation. Other commo...
What medications interact with opioids?
Dr. Darria Long Gillespie, MDDr. Darria Long Gillespie, MD
If you are taking a benzodiazepine, mifepristone, or sodium oxybate, you should not take opioids. ...
What are the side effects of opioid medication for short-term pain?
Travis M. Hendry, MDTravis M. Hendry, MD
Opioid medication (strong medications that affect the way your brain handles pain signals) for s...