Can I use ConZip if I have kidney disease?

ConZip (tramadol) is not safe for people with severe kidney impairment, who may not be able to excrete the drug at a safe rate. And because it's an extended-release medication that's given only once a day, ConZip can't be prescribed in a way that will make it safe for people with kidney problems. If you have kidney disease and your doctor wants to prescribe ConZip for you, speak up about your condition so that he or she can find another pain-relief medication for you.

Continue Learning about Opiate Agonists

What are alternatives to opioid pain medication?
Travis M. Hendry, MDTravis M. Hendry, MD
Depending on your pain condition, alternatives to opioid pain medication can include: Non-opioid...
How often are opioids prescribed in the US?
The Society of Thoracic SurgeonsThe Society of Thoracic Surgeons
The amount of opioid prescriptions in the US peaked in 2012 at more than 255 million and a prescribi...
How can I prevent breathing problems caused by opioid medications?
Respiratory depression caused by opioid medications can be prevented by doing the following: Tel...
What should I avoid doing when taking opioid drugs for short-term pain?
While taking opioid medication (strong medications that affect the way your brain handles pain s...