Can I use ConZip if I have a history of seizures?

If you have a history of seizures, your doctor may not want to prescribe ConZip (tramadol) for you. Seizures are a potential side effect of ConZip, which is used to provide around-the-clock relief from moderate to moderately severe pain. People who have epilepsy, a history of seizures or other risk factors for convulsions may be most vulnerable to experiencing seizures while taking ConZip. Make sure your doctor knows about your seizure history; he or she may want to find another pain-relief drug for you.

Continue Learning about Opiate Agonists

What should I tell my doctor before taking an opioid medication?
Dr. Travis M. Hendry, MDDr. Travis M. Hendry, MD
Before you start taking an opioid medication, talk to your doctor and pharmacist. Follow these tips:...
How will my doctor ensure I don’t become addicted to opioid medication?
UCLA HealthUCLA Health
There is no clear way to ensure that you won’t become addicted to opioids if you are taking them for...
What should I avoid doing when taking opioid drugs for short-term pain?
Travis M. Hendry, MDTravis M. Hendry, MD
While taking opioid medication (strong medications that affect the way your brain handles pain s...
How do you treat constipation and other side effects of taking opioids?
Devi E. Nampiaparampil, MDDevi E. Nampiaparampil, MD
Your doctor may prescribe a stool softener along with an opioid to prevent constipation. Other commo...