Can I use ConZip if I have a history of seizures?

If you have a history of seizures, your doctor may not want to prescribe ConZip (tramadol) for you. Seizures are a potential side effect of ConZip, which is used to provide around-the-clock relief from moderate to moderately severe pain. People who have epilepsy, a history of seizures or other risk factors for convulsions may be most vulnerable to experiencing seizures while taking ConZip. Make sure your doctor knows about your seizure history; he or she may want to find another pain-relief drug for you.

Continue Learning about Opiate Agonists

Should opioids be prescribed for all types of pain?
Devi E. Nampiaparampil, MDDevi E. Nampiaparampil, MD
Opioids can be very helpful for acute pain management in the short term, but there are some side eff...
Why should I lock up my opioid medication and dispose of unused pills?
Travis M. Hendry, MDTravis M. Hendry, MD
It can seem inconvenient to lock up opioid medication (strong medications that affect the way yo...
What are the symptoms of opioid medication withdrawal?
If opioid medication (strong medications that affect the way your brain handles pain signals) is sto...
What should I know before taking opioids?
Before prescribing an opioid for low back pain, your doctor should order a urine test to check for o...