Can I use ConZip if I am breastfeeding?

Do not take the pain medication ConZip (tramadol) if you're breastfeeding. No studies have been done to determine whether ConZip is safe for babies who are nursing, but it is known that when given to a woman who's nursing intravenously, tramadol passes into her breast milk. If your doctor wants to prescribe ConZip for you and you're breastfeeding, tell him or her that you're nursing.

Continue Learning about Opiate Agonists

What are the side effects of opioid medication for short-term pain?
Travis M. Hendry, MDTravis M. Hendry, MD
Opioid medication (strong medications that affect the way your brain handles pain signals) for s...
What are side effects of opioid medication?
Dr. Howard J. Shaffer, PhDDr. Howard J. Shaffer, PhD
In addition to their powerful painkilling effects, opioids can produce a feeling of well-being and e...
How will my doctor ensure I don’t become addicted to opioid medication?
UCLA HealthUCLA Health
There is no clear way to ensure that you won’t become addicted to opioids if you are taking them for...
How can I prevent breathing problems caused by opioid medications?
Respiratory depression caused by opioid medications can be prevented by doing the following: Tel...