Can I use ConZip if I am breastfeeding?

Do not take the pain medication ConZip (tramadol) if you're breastfeeding. No studies have been done to determine whether ConZip is safe for babies who are nursing, but it is known that when given to a woman who's nursing intravenously, tramadol passes into her breast milk. If your doctor wants to prescribe ConZip for you and you're breastfeeding, tell him or her that you're nursing.

Continue Learning about Opiate Agonists

What are the symptoms of opioid medication withdrawal?
UCLA HealthUCLA Health
Someone who is going through opioid withdrawal will experience a terrible feeling of pain, joint ach...
What medications interact with opioids?
Dr. Darria Long Gillespie, MDDr. Darria Long Gillespie, MD
If you are taking a benzodiazepine, mifepristone, or sodium oxybate, you should not take opioids. ...
How often are opioids prescribed in the US?
The Society of Thoracic SurgeonsThe Society of Thoracic Surgeons
The amount of opioid prescriptions in the US peaked in 2012 at more than 255 million and a prescribi...
What should I know before taking opioids?
Before prescribing an opioid for low back pain, your doctor should order a urine test to check for o...