Can I take a muscle relaxer if I use Fentora?

In most cases, you should try to avoid taking a muscle relaxer when using Fentora (fentanyl), a morphine-like drug for breakthrough cancer pain. Fentora can slow the functioning of your nervous system, causing a drop in blood pressure, excessive sleepiness, depressed breathing, even coma and death. A muscle relaxer can worsen these side effects. Talk to your doctor about whether the benefits of using these drugs in combination outweigh the risks.

Continue Learning about Opiate Agonists

How should I get rid of unused opioid medication?
Travis M. Hendry, MDTravis M. Hendry, MD
Get rid of unused opioid medication (strong medications that affect the way your brain handles pain ...
How often are opioids prescribed in the US?
The Society of Thoracic SurgeonsThe Society of Thoracic Surgeons
The amount of opioid prescriptions in the US peaked in 2012 at more than 255 million and a prescribi...
What are the side effects of opioid medication for short-term pain?
Opioid medication (strong medications that affect the way your brain handles pain signals) for s...
What medication should I avoid if I have a bowel obstruction?
Do not take the painkiller Avinza (morphine) if you have paralytic ileus, a partial or complete bowe...