Can I take a medication for nausea if I use Fentora?

You can use Fentora (fentanyl), a morphine-like drug for breakthrough cancer pain, if you're on a medication for nausea, but your doctor is likely to monitor the painkiller's dosage very carefully. Certain antinausea medicines, such as aprepitant, can cause a dangerous buildup of fentanyl -- Fentora's active ingredient -- in your body, increasing the risk of a fatal overdose. You and your doctor should be on the lookout for signs that your levels are rising, such as increased sleepiness or a sighing pattern of breathing (in which a deep breath is followed by a long pause), especially whenever your dose of Fentora or your antinausea medicine is changed. 

Continue Learning about Opiate Agonists

How should I get rid of unused opioid medication?
Travis M. Hendry, MDTravis M. Hendry, MD
Get rid of unused opioid medication (strong medications that affect the way your brain handles pain ...
How do you treat constipation and other side effects of taking opioids?
Devi E. Nampiaparampil, MDDevi E. Nampiaparampil, MD
Your doctor may prescribe a stool softener along with an opioid to prevent constipation. Other commo...
What are the risks of using opioid pain medication?
Used as directed, opioid pain medication can be safe and effective. However, it can also pose so...
Why should I lock up my opioid medication and dispose of unused pills?
It can seem inconvenient to lock up opioid medication (strong medications that affect the way yo...