Can I use Ryzolt if I've attempted or thought about suicide?

If you have attempted suicide, or if you have thought about hurting or killing yourself, it is not recommended for you to take Ryzolt (tramadol extended-release tablets). This prescription medication for moderate to moderately severe chronic pain may aggravate suicidal thoughts. Talk to your doctor about your treatment options for chronic pain.

Continue Learning about Opiate Agonists

What should I avoid doing when taking opioid drugs for short-term pain?
Travis M. Hendry, MDTravis M. Hendry, MD
While taking opioid medication (strong medications that affect the way your brain handles pain s...
How often are opioids prescribed in the US?
The Society of Thoracic SurgeonsThe Society of Thoracic Surgeons
The amount of opioid prescriptions in the US peaked in 2012 at more than 255 million and a prescribi...
What are the risks of using opioid pain medication?
Devi E. Nampiaparampil, MDDevi E. Nampiaparampil, MD
The main effects and risks of using opioids include nausea and constipation, accidental overdose, an...
How do opioids relieve pain?
James P. Ioli, DPMJames P. Ioli, DPM
Prescription drugs that contain opioids (opioid analgesics) such as codeine are useful for pain ...