Can I use Rybix ODT if I am taking medications for seizures?

If you're taking medication to control seizures, it's likely that your doctor will choose not to prescribe Rybix ODT for you. There have been reports of seizures in people taking Rybix ODT, which suggests that Rybix ODT makes you more likely to suffer from seizures and could interfere with the antiseizure medication you're already using. Rybix ODT is prescribed to treat chronic moderate to moderately severe pain.

Continue Learning about Opiate Agonists

How does opioid medication treat short-term pain?
Travis M. Hendry, MDTravis M. Hendry, MD
Pain medication helps control pain so you can sleep, move, and heal. One type of prescription pa...
What medications interact with opioids?
Dr. Darria Long Gillespie, MDDr. Darria Long Gillespie, MD
If you are taking a benzodiazepine, mifepristone, or sodium oxybate, you should not take opioids. ...
What should I know before taking opioids?
Before prescribing an opioid for low back pain, your doctor should order a urine test to check for o...
Should opioids be prescribed for all types of pain?
Devi E. Nampiaparampil, MDDevi E. Nampiaparampil, MD
Opioids can be very helpful for acute pain management in the short term, but there are some side eff...