Can I use Rybix ODT if I have a history of stroke?

You may be able to take the pain medication Rybix ODT (tramadol) if you have a history of stroke, but before you do, make sure your doctor knows this (and about the rest of your medical history). Doctors use caution when prescribing Rybix ODT and similar medications to patients who have suffered any sort of head or brain injury, including strokes. If your doctor decides that your history of stroke makes taking Rybix ODT dangerous for you, he or she will prescribe a different medication.

Continue Learning about Opiate Agonists

How will my doctor ensure I don’t become addicted to opioid medication?
UCLA HealthUCLA Health
There is no clear way to ensure that you won’t become addicted to opioids if you are taking them for...
Who is at risk for breathing problems caused by opioid medication?
Travis M. Hendry, MDTravis M. Hendry, MD
Opioid therapy can decrease your breathing, especially during sleep. This problem, called respir...
How do you treat constipation and other side effects of taking opioids?
Devi E. Nampiaparampil, MDDevi E. Nampiaparampil, MD
Your doctor may prescribe a stool softener along with an opioid to prevent constipation. Other commo...
How does opioid medication treat short-term pain?
Pain medication helps control pain so you can sleep, move, and heal. One type of prescription pa...