Can I use MS Contin if I am taking an antihistamine?

You can take the pain medication MS Contin (morphine) if you're also taking an antihistamine, but tell your doctor which antihistamine you're taking and how much of it. Like MS Contin, some antihistamines depress the central nervous system. In combination, the two drugs could potentially cause a severe drop in crucial bodily functions like breathing rate and blood pressure, leading to serious and even deadly side effects.

Continue Learning about Opiate Agonists

Why should I lock up my opioid medication and dispose of unused pills?
Travis M. Hendry, MDTravis M. Hendry, MD
It can seem inconvenient to lock up opioid medication (strong medications that affect the way yo...
What are the risks of using opioid pain medication?
Used as directed, opioid pain medication can be safe and effective. However, it can also pose so...
What opioid medications can help treat severe headaches?
Egilius L. Spierings, MDEgilius L. Spierings, MD
If you suffer severe headaches frequently, if not daily, one strategy to consider is a long-acti...
What are the side effects of opioid medication for short-term pain?
Opioid medication (strong medications that affect the way your brain handles pain signals) for s...