Can I use MS Contin if I have a history of low blood pressure?

The pain medication MS Contin (morphine) usually causes a drop in blood pressure, so your doctor may adjust your prescription or not give you MS Contin at all if you already have low blood pressure due to low blood volume or from taking other medication. While you're taking MS Contin, let your doctor know if you feel faint when you rise from a sitting or lying position, a sign of low blood pressure. (Getting up slowly may solve the problem.)

Continue Learning about Opiate Agonists

How often are opioids prescribed in the US?
The Society of Thoracic SurgeonsThe Society of Thoracic Surgeons
The amount of opioid prescriptions in the US peaked in 2012 at more than 255 million and a prescribi...
Can I use fentanyl if I have a history of asthma?
You may be able to use Actiq (fentanyl) if you have a history of asthma, but you should tell your do...
What medications interact with opioids?
If you are taking a benzodiazepine, mifepristone, or sodium oxybate, you should not take opioids. I...
What opioid medications can help treat severe headaches?
Egilius L. Spierings, MDEgilius L. Spierings, MD
If you suffer severe headaches frequently, if not daily, one strategy to consider is a long-acti...