Can I use Fentora if I have a history of liver disease?

If you have a history of liver disease, talk with your doctor about whether you can use Fentora (fentanyl), a morphine-like drug for breakthrough cancer pain. Experts say there isn't enough information about the drug's risks versus benefits in patients with liver disease to make a general recommendation. If your doctor thinks Fentora makes sense for you, he or she is likely to prescribe it cautiously, and pay special attention to dosing, because the liver plays a role in how the drug is metabolized. 

Continue Learning about Opiate Agonists

How can I prevent opioid medication withdrawal symptoms?
Travis M. Hendry, MDTravis M. Hendry, MD
To avoid opioid medication (strong medications that affect the way your brain handles pain signa...
What are side effects of opioid medication?
Dr. Howard J. Shaffer, PhDDr. Howard J. Shaffer, PhD
In addition to their powerful painkilling effects, opioids can produce a feeling of well-being and e...
How does tramadol treat fibromyalgia?
Tramadol (Conzip, Ultram) is a weak narcotic pain medication. It is sometimes prescribed for people ...
What should I avoid doing when taking opioid drugs for short-term pain?
While taking opioid medication (strong medications that affect the way your brain handles pain s...