Can I use Fentora if I have a history of hallucinations?

You can use Fentora (fentanyl), a morphine-like drug for breakthrough cancer pain, if you have a history of hallucinations. But it's important to know that Fentora can cause hallucinations -- seeing things or hearing voices that do not exist. You should have an honest discussion with your doctor about your history of hallucinations and develop a plan for how you'll deal with them if they are triggered by Fentora.

Continue Learning about Opiate Agonists

What medications interact with opioids?
If you are taking a benzodiazepine, mifepristone, or sodium oxybate, you should not take opioids. I...
Should opioids be prescribed for all types of pain?
Devi E. Nampiaparampil, MDDevi E. Nampiaparampil, MD
Opioids can be very helpful for acute pain management in the short term, but there are some side eff...
How will my doctor ensure I don’t become addicted to opioid medication?
UCLA HealthUCLA Health
There is no clear way to ensure that you won’t become addicted to opioids if you are taking them for...
Do prescription opioids cause more deaths than cocaine and heroin?
Howard J. Shaffer, PhDHoward J. Shaffer, PhD
Today, people face stiff penalties for possessing cocaine or heroin, yet data suggest that opioi...