Can I drive while taking methadone?

You should not drive if you're taking methadone. This drug, which is used to treat pain and also to prevent withdrawal symptoms from addiction, can cause drowsiness, making it dangerous to drive or do other activities that require you to be alert. Don't get behind the wheel until you know how methadone affects you. To learn more about the side effects of methadone, talk to your doctor or pharmacist.

Continue Learning about Opiate Agonists

What are the side effects of opioid medication for short-term pain?
Travis M. Hendry, MDTravis M. Hendry, MD
Opioid medication (strong medications that affect the way your brain handles pain signals) for s...
What are opioid medications?
Opioid medications are strong prescription medications that change the way your brain handles pain s...
What medication should I avoid if I have a bowel obstruction?
Do not take the painkiller Avinza (morphine) if you have paralytic ileus, a partial or complete bowe...
What should I tell my doctor before taking an opioid medication?
Dr. Travis M. Hendry, MDDr. Travis M. Hendry, MD
Before you start taking an opioid medication, talk to your doctor and pharmacist. Follow these tips:...