Can I drive while taking Dilaudid?

Dilaudid (hydromorphone) may make you drowsy, so be careful about getting behind the wheel if you take this medication. Dilaudid is a pain reliever that belongs to a class of drugs called opioid analgesics. Dilaudid slows down activity in the central nervous system, that is, your brain, spinal cord and nerves. That could make you feel sleepy. You may still be able to drive a car while taking Dilaudid, but don't do so until you know how this drug affects you.

Continue Learning about Opiate Agonists

What medications interact with opioids?
If you are taking a benzodiazepine, mifepristone, or sodium oxybate, you should not take opioids. I...
Can I use tramadol if I have a history of diabetes?
Tramadol belongs to a class of drugs called opioid analgesics, which doctors prescribe for the treat...
What are opioid medications?
Intermountain HealthcareIntermountain Healthcare
Opioid pain medication is a common type of prescription pain medication. It is also sometimes call...
What opioid medications can help treat severe headaches?
Egilius L. Spierings, MDEgilius L. Spierings, MD
If you suffer severe headaches frequently, if not daily, one strategy to consider is a long-acti...