Don't drink alcohol if you're taking Dilaudid (hydromorphone). Doctors prescribe Dilaudid to relieve moderate to severe pain. Dilaudid belongs to a group of drugs called opioid analgesics. These drugs can cause a variety of side effects, including drowsiness and breathing problems. Combining Dilaudid with alcohol could exaggerate these effects and even be deadly.
- Q Can I use Dilaudid if I have a history of alcoholism?
- Q Can I use Dilaudid if I have a history of thyroid disease?
- Q Who should not take Dilaudid?
- Q What are the symptoms of withdrawal from Dilaudid?
- Q What are the possible side effects of Dilaudid?
- Q Can I use Dilaudid if I have a history of heart disease?