Don't drink alcohol if you're taking Dilaudid (hydromorphone). Doctors prescribe Dilaudid to relieve moderate to severe pain. Dilaudid belongs to a group of drugs called opioid analgesics. These drugs can cause a variety of side effects, including drowsiness and breathing problems. Combining Dilaudid with alcohol could exaggerate these effects and even be deadly.
- Q What should I avoid while taking Dilaudid?
- Q What is the generic name for Dilaudid?
- Q Can I use Dilaudid if I have a history of lung disease?
- Q Can children take Dilaudid?
- Q Can I use Dilaudid if I am taking pentazocine?
- Q Can I use Dilaudid if I have a history of alcoholism?