Can I use Dilaudid if I have a history of gallbladder disease?

Make sure your doctor knows that you have a history of gallbladder disease before taking Dilaudid (hydromorphone). Dilaudid is a pain reliever that's part of a group of medications called opioid analgesics. Hydromorphone, the active ingredient in Dilaudid, may worsen symptoms of gallstones and other gallbladder disorders. You might still be able to take Dilaudid, but your doctor may prefer to prescribe an alternative medication.

Continue Learning about Opiate Agonists

What are alternatives to opioid pain medication?
Pain medicine is a slippery slope for most. Both doctors and patients should give serious considerat...
Can I use fentanyl if I have a history of asthma?
You may be able to use Actiq (fentanyl) if you have a history of asthma, but you should tell your do...
What are the symptoms of opioid medication withdrawal?
UCLA HealthUCLA Health
Someone who is going through opioid withdrawal will experience a terrible feeling of pain, joint ach...
How does tramadol treat fibromyalgia?
Tramadol (Conzip, Ultram) is a weak narcotic pain medication. It is sometimes prescribed for people ...