Can I use ConZip if I am taking muscle relaxants?

ConZip (tramadol) may interact with the muscle relaxant cyclobenzaprine (Flexeril). One problem is that cyclobenzaprine is a tricyclic compound, which increases the risk of seizure when used with ConZip, a powerful pain medication prescribed for adults who need around-the-clock relief from moderate to moderately severe pain. Let your doctor know if you're taking cyclobenzaprine before you begin ConZip.

Continue Learning about Opiate Agonists

Can I use fentanyl if I have a history of asthma?
You may be able to use Actiq (fentanyl) if you have a history of asthma, but you should tell your do...
What are side effects of opioid medication?
Dr. Darria Long Gillespie, MDDr. Darria Long Gillespie, MD
Side effects may include sleepiness, dizziness, problems with thinking or coordination, nausea, vomi...
How do you treat constipation and other side effects of taking opioids?
Devi E. Nampiaparampil, MDDevi E. Nampiaparampil, MD
Your doctor may prescribe a stool softener along with an opioid to prevent constipation. Other commo...
How often are opioids prescribed in the US?
The Society of Thoracic SurgeonsThe Society of Thoracic Surgeons
The amount of opioid prescriptions in the US peaked in 2012 at more than 255 million and a prescribi...