Can I use Avinza if I have kidney failure?

You may be able to take the painkiller Avinza (morphine) if you have kidney failure, but your doctor may give you a lower dose of the drug and tell you to take it less often than is standard. That's because kidney failure affects the way your body processes Avinza. Your doctor is likely to carefully monitor how your body responds to Avinza.

Continue Learning about Opiate Agonists

What are the side effects of opioid medication for short-term pain?
Travis M. Hendry, MDTravis M. Hendry, MD
Opioid medication (strong medications that affect the way your brain handles pain signals) for s...
What are opioid medications?
Opioid medications are strong prescription medications that change the way your brain handles pain s...
What are alternatives to opioid pain medication?
Depending on your pain condition, alternatives to opioid pain medication can include: Non-opioid...
What opioid medications can help treat severe headaches?
Egilius L. Spierings, MDEgilius L. Spierings, MD
If you suffer severe headaches frequently, if not daily, one strategy to consider is a long-acti...