Can I use Avinza if I have Addison's disease?

If you have Addison's disease, an adrenal gland disorder, make sure to tell your doctor about that part of your medical history before you start taking the painkiller Avinza (morphine). The condition could affect the amount of the painkiller your doctor prescribes. He or she will probably also want to adjust how often and how much Avinza you receive depending on the other medications you take.

Continue Learning about Opiate Agonists

What are opioid medications?
Intermountain HealthcareIntermountain Healthcare
Opioid pain medication is a common type of prescription pain medication. It is also sometimes call...
How should I get rid of unused opioid medication?
Travis M. Hendry, MDTravis M. Hendry, MD
Get rid of unused opioid medication (strong medications that affect the way your brain handles pain ...
What medications interact with opioids?
Dr. Darria Long Gillespie, MDDr. Darria Long Gillespie, MD
If you are taking a benzodiazepine, mifepristone, or sodium oxybate, you should not take opioids. ...
Can I use tramadol if I have a history of diabetes?
Tramadol belongs to a class of drugs called opioid analgesics, which doctors prescribe for the treat...