No. Don't drink alcohol while taking morphine controlled release. This drug depresses, or slows down, activity in the central nervous system (that is, your brain and nerves). Alcohol can add to that effect. Combining morphine controlled release with alcohol could cause serious breathing difficulty, very deep sleep, coma and even death. Be aware that combining morphine and certain other drugs can have the same effect.
- Q My pain is gone. Can I stop taking morphine?
- Q Can I take morphine if I'm breastfeeding?
- Q My pain is gone. Can I stop taking morphine controlled release?
- Q Is there a generic version of morphine?
- Q Does morphine sustained release interact with other medications?
- Q What is the reason for morphine not stopping my pain?