No. Don't drink alcohol while taking morphine controlled release. This drug depresses, or slows down, activity in the central nervous system (that is, your brain and nerves). Alcohol can add to that effect. Combining morphine controlled release with alcohol could cause serious breathing difficulty, very deep sleep, coma and even death. Be aware that combining morphine and certain other drugs can have the same effect.
- Q How should I store morphine controlled release?
- Q How should I take morphine?
- Q My pain is gone. Can I stop taking morphine?
- Q What is the reason for morphine not stopping my pain?
- Q Is there a generic version of morphine?
- Q What is morphine sustained release?