No. Don't drink alcohol while taking morphine controlled release. This drug depresses, or slows down, activity in the central nervous system (that is, your brain and nerves). Alcohol can add to that effect. Combining morphine controlled release with alcohol could cause serious breathing difficulty, very deep sleep, coma and even death. Be aware that combining morphine and certain other drugs can have the same effect.
- Q What should I know about morphine before taking it?
- Q What is morphine sustained release?
- Q How does morphine treat pain?
- Q What should I avoid while taking morphine?
- Q What are the side effects of morphine sustained release?
- Q Is morphine safe for pregnant or breastfeeding women?