No. Don't drink alcohol while taking morphine controlled release. This drug depresses, or slows down, activity in the central nervous system (that is, your brain and nerves). Alcohol can add to that effect. Combining morphine controlled release with alcohol could cause serious breathing difficulty, very deep sleep, coma and even death. Be aware that combining morphine and certain other drugs can have the same effect.
- Q Is morphine safe for pregnant or breastfeeding women?
- Q What if someone takes too much morphine?
- Q What happens if I miss a dose of morphine?
- Q What are the risks of taking morphine?
- Q Can I take morphine controlled release if I'm breastfeeding?
- Q Can I take morphine if I'm pregnant?