Are there any risks in taking Opana?

Opana is a narcotic. As such, Opana has the potential of becoming physically addictive just like morphine or other opioids. You must also be careful to take tablets whole as any crushing or breakage can lead to an overdose of oxymorphone in the system. Alcohol in any form can also lead to fatal doses of medication. Do not drive or participate in any other dangerous activity until you know whether or not Opana will make you particularly drowsy.

Older people may be especially sensitive to the effects and side effects of Opana. Also, certain medical issues can be complicated by Opana, including seizures; brain tumors; history of addiction; heart, kidney, liver, intestinal, or lung disease; breathing issues; any allergies; or head injury. Opana can also be risky if you’re pregnant or breastfeeding.

Continue Learning about Opiate Agonists

Can I use fentanyl if I have a history of asthma?
You may be able to use Actiq (fentanyl) if you have a history of asthma, but you should tell your do...
Can I use tramadol if I have a history of diabetes?
Tramadol belongs to a class of drugs called opioid analgesics, which doctors prescribe for the treat...
How often are opioids prescribed in the US?
The Society of Thoracic SurgeonsThe Society of Thoracic Surgeons
The amount of opioid prescriptions in the US peaked in 2012 at more than 255 million and a prescribi...
What should I know before taking opioids?
Before prescribing an opioid for low back pain, your doctor should order a urine test to check for o...