Why is my onychoschizia worse in the winter?

Onychoschizia can become worse in the winter because this is usually when the weather is driest. In dry heat, your nails can become dehydrated and frail. You should take extra care during the winter by soaking your hands in warm water and then applying lotion to your fingernails.

Continue Learning about Onychoschizia (Nail Splitting)

How do I manage my onychoschizia on a daily basis?
You can manage your onychoschizia on a daily basis by practicing better nail care and protection. Na...
Are split fingernails a sign of poor nail health?
Split fingernails are a sign of nail weakness. This condition does not generally affect nail health....
Which skin diseases affect onychoschizia?
Certain skin diseases like lichen planus and psoriasis can have a negative effect on onychoschizia. ...
Does onychoschizia affect women differently than men?
Since onychoschizia is often found in conditions that are linked to the X chromosome, onychoschizia ...