Does onychoschizia affect children differently than adults?

Onychoschizia does not usually affect children. In fact, it is most common in elderly people. If your child does develop onychoschizia, be sure to check that your child has the proper nutrition that they need as onychoschizia is sometimes a sign of deficiencies like anemia. Also, you may want to have your child checked for underlying conditions that cause onychoschizia.

Continue Learning about Onychoschizia (Nail Splitting)

How can I strengthen my nails and prevent onychoschizia?
There are several nail-strengthening products on the market today that you can use to strengthen you...
Can onychoschizia be prevented?
Onychoschizia can be prevented with better nail care and protection. Nail care includes keeping a he...
Why is my onychoschizia worse in the winter?
Onychoschizia can become worse in the winter because this is usually when the weather is driest. In ...
How does malnutrition affect onychoschizia?
In rare cases, onychoschizia is actually caused by malnutrition. Mostly, the main cause is a deficie...