How is lamellar dystrophy related to onychoschizia?

Lamellar dystrophy is another name for onychoschizia. Both these terms refer to the splitting or peeling of the fingernail due to too much moisture or other causes. Lamellar dystrophy and onychoschizia can be treated with simple nail care and protection.

Continue Learning about Onychoschizia (Nail Splitting)

How do I manage my onychoschizia on a daily basis?
You can manage your onychoschizia on a daily basis by practicing better nail care and protection. Na...
How can I strengthen my nails and prevent onychoschizia?
There are several nail-strengthening products on the market today that you can use to strengthen you...
Does onychoschizia affect children differently than adults?
Onychoschizia does not usually affect children. In fact, it is most common in elderly people. If you...
How is brittle nail syndrome related to onychoschizia?
Brittle nail syndrome also refers to onychoschizia. However, brittle nail syndrome refers to both th...