What kinds of nail products are best for onychoschizia?

The best kinds of nail products for those who suffer from onychoschizia are nail-strengthening solutions and polishes. You may also want to use lotion on your nails, since your nails need just as much moisture as your skin. Try not to use harsh chemical treatments like acetone. And if you use nail polish, make sure not to leave it on for more than a week since it can draw the moisture from your fingernails if left on too long. Other researchers recommend taking a Biotin supplement to strengthen your nails.

Continue Learning about Onychoschizia (Nail Splitting)

How common is onychoschizia?
Nearly 20 percent of people develop onychoschizia. Since onychoschizia is often found in conditions ...
How can I strengthen my nails and prevent onychoschizia?
There are several nail-strengthening products on the market today that you can use to strengthen you...
Can onychoschizia be prevented?
Onychoschizia can be prevented with better nail care and protection. Nail care includes keeping a he...
Does onychoschizia affect women differently than men?
Since onychoschizia is often found in conditions that are linked to the X chromosome, onychoschizia ...