Is onychoschizia serious?

Onychoschizia is not usually serious and can be treated with easy techniques. However, the underlying conditions associated with onychoschizia can be serious. Conditions like Sjögren syndrome, tuberculosis, and psoriasis can be very irritable or life-threatening and should be discussed with your doctor.

Continue Learning about Onychoschizia (Nail Splitting)

Why is my onychoschizia worse in the winter?
Onychoschizia can become worse in the winter because this is usually when the weather is driest. In ...
What kinds of nail products are best for onychoschizia?
The best kinds of nail products for those who suffer from onychoschizia are nail-strengthening solut...
How is lamellar dystrophy related to onychoschizia?
Lamellar dystrophy is another name for onychoschizia. Both these terms refer to the splitting or pee...
How can I strengthen my nails and prevent onychoschizia?
There are several nail-strengthening products on the market today that you can use to strengthen you...