How do medications treat onychoschizia?

Onychoschizia is not usually treated with medications. Instead, onychoschizia is treated through better nail care and protection. However, if you have an underlying condition that is causing your onychoschizia, your doctor may prescribe medications to treat that ailment.

Continue Learning about Onychoschizia (Nail Splitting)

How is onychoschizia diagnosed?
Onychoschizia is often diagnosed based on symptoms like dry or fragile nails and splitting. Your doc...
How common is onychoschizia?
Nearly 20 percent of people develop onychoschizia. Since onychoschizia is often found in conditions ...
Are split fingernails a sign of poor nail health?
Split fingernails are a sign of nail weakness. This condition does not generally affect nail health....
How can I strengthen my nails and prevent onychoschizia?
There are several nail-strengthening products on the market today that you can use to strengthen you...