How is onychoschizia diagnosed?

Onychoschizia is often diagnosed based on symptoms like dry or fragile nails and splitting. Your doctor may also ask you some questions regarding the causes of your condition. If your doctor suspects that an underlying condition may be triggering your onychoschizia, you may require further testing.

Continue Learning about Onychoschizia (Nail Splitting)

What is onychoschizia?
Onychoschizia is a condition in which nails split or break easily and become brittle. The most c...
What kinds of nail products are best for onychoschizia?
The best kinds of nail products for those who suffer from onychoschizia are nail-strengthening solut...
Should I talk to my doctor about my onychoschizia symptoms?
Usually onychoschizia can be diagnosed and treated without the help of a doctor. However, you may ch...
Does onychoschizia affect women differently than men?
Since onychoschizia is often found in conditions that are linked to the X chromosome, onychoschizia ...