How does malnutrition affect onychoschizia?

In rare cases, onychoschizia is actually caused by malnutrition. Mostly, the main cause is a deficiency of iron or anemia. But, onychoschizia can also be caused by a wide variety of vitamin deficiencies. This is why you should talk to your doctor about underlying conditions if you have onychoschizia.

Continue Learning about Onychoschizia (Nail Splitting)

Is there a cure for onychoschizia?
Onychoschizia can usually be cured simply through better nail care. This includes keeping a healthy ...
Should I talk to my doctor about my onychoschizia symptoms?
Usually onychoschizia can be diagnosed and treated without the help of a doctor. However, you may ch...
How do nail cosmetics affect onychoschizia?
Nail cosmetics can have both a negative and positive effect on onychoschizia. Products with harsh ch...
What increases my risk for onychoschizia?
Your risk for onychoschizia is increased if you frequently wash and dry your hands. Onychoschizia ca...