Treatment for onycholysis is a very slow process. The only treatment required is to clip the nail that has detached and wait for it to grow back, attached to the nail bed. Your doctor may also recommend a prescription to help cure any infection. During this time, you should be especially careful of your nails as they will be very sensitive.
- Q How do other illnesses affect onycholysis?
- Q How do medications treat onycholysis?
- Q How does a bacterial infection affect onycholysis?
- Q Is onycholysis serious?
- Q What is the rate of incidence for onycholysis?
- Q Should I talk to my doctor about my onycholysis symptoms?