Treatment for onycholysis is a very slow process. The only treatment required is to clip the nail that has detached and wait for it to grow back, attached to the nail bed. Your doctor may also recommend a prescription to help cure any infection. During this time, you should be especially careful of your nails as they will be very sensitive.
- Q How do other illnesses affect onycholysis?
- Q Should I talk to my doctor about my onycholysis symptoms?
- Q How is onycholysis related to a fungal infection?
- Q How is onycholysis related to skin diseases?
- Q What are some other nail conditions besides onycholysis?
- Q How do medications treat onycholysis?