Treatment for onycholysis is a very slow process. The only treatment required is to clip the nail that has detached and wait for it to grow back, attached to the nail bed. Your doctor may also recommend a prescription to help cure any infection. During this time, you should be especially careful of your nails as they will be very sensitive.
- Q Does onycholysis affect men differently than women?
- Q Can onycholysis be caused by my medications?
- Q Is onycholysis permanent?
- Q How does a bacterial infection affect onycholysis?
- Q What are the symptoms of onycholysis?
- Q What do I need to know about caring for someone with onycholysis?