What are some other nail conditions besides onycholysis?

Other nail conditions besides onycholysis include conditions like Beau's lines, brittle nails, koilonychia, leukonychia, and pitting. Beau's lines are indents in the nail because of malnutrition, injury or after illness. Brittle nails come with aging and result in frequent breaks. Koilonychia produces thin, curved nails due to an iron deficiency. Nails with leukonychia have pale, white marks all over the nail. Pitting in the nail involves small divots and crumbling on the nail surface.

Continue Learning about Onycholysis (Nail Lifting)

How is onycholysis related to a fungal infection?
A fungal infection can both cause and aggravate a case of onycholysis. In fact, nearly 50 percent of...
Should I talk to my doctor about my onycholysis symptoms?
If you are experiencing any of the symptoms of onycholysis, you should speak with your doctor. It is...
How is onycholysis related to thyroid disease?
Thyroid disease tends to cause and aggravate onycholysis. If the thyroid is either underworked or (m...
What do I need to know about caring for someone with onycholysis?
When caring for someone with onycholysis it is important to provide them with the help and support t...